Bike Geeks Terms and Conditions
Please read all terms and conditions.
Acceptance of Terms
- Bike Geeks Limited is registered as a company in England and Wales under no 12477033 whose registered office is at Rae House, Dane Street, Bishop's Stortford, Herts, CM23 3BT and whose trading address is 3rd Floor, Endeavour House, Coopers End Road, Essex, CM24 lSJ, with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone number +44 (0) 1279 211640. These Terms and Conditions apply to the access and use of www.BikeGeeks.com (“the Website”) by you (the Customer, Consumer or you) provided by Bike Geeks Limited (the Supplier or us or we) and any Services or Goods (defined on the Website).
- These are the terms on which we provide all Services to you. By subscribing to/using any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only subscribe to/use the Services and Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website and/or Services.
- You agree not to use the Website and/or Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.
- Bike Geeks Limited reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website and/or Services following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
- Bike Geeks Limited may update the Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. These Terms and conditions were last updated on 30 September 2020.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- Customer means an individual or company using the Website Services to advertise their business, trade, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Services are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you with the Services, of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer 's order for the Services from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- Services means the services advertised on the Website, including any Goods, of the number and description set out in the Order;
- Website means our website www.bikegeeks.com on which the Services are advertised.
- You must co-operate with us in all matters relating to the Services, provide us with all information required to perform the Services and obtain any necessary licences and consents (unless otherwise agreed).
- Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Services until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect without notice to you.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- When uploading content to the Website you must ensure that all content uploaded conforms to the following conditions:
- Is up to date, true, accurate, not misleading and relevant;
- Does not contain material which could be defamatory, obscene, aggressive, hateful or rude;
- Complies with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which the content is posted or viewed and does not promote illegal activity;
- Does not infringe the copyright or any intellectual property rights of any person and where such content relates to an image, you must ensure that all necessary consents and authorisations have been obtained;
- Does not promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Does not impersonate any person or misrepresent identities or affiliations.
- When registering to use the Website you must set up a username and password. You remain responsible for all actions taken under the chosen username and password and undertake not to disclose your username and password to anyone else and keep them secret.
- We reserve the right to clarify content with you if it does not comply to the above conditions, prior to publication on the Website and in addition we reserve the right to edit and amend content for the purposes of compliance with the conditions.
- You agree to indemnify Bike Geeks Limited against any loss we suffer as a result of your failure to comply with content uploading conditions.
- Bike Geeks Limited is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any content uploaded by the Customer (you) to the Website and we reserve the right to remove content at any time without notice.
Website availability, access and reliance on information
- Bike Geeks Limited do not guarantee uninterrupted access to the Website or that any contained content therein will always be available.
- Customer and Consumer access to the Website is permitted only on a temporary basis.
- We reserve the right to suspend, discontinue, change or withdraw all or any part of the Website without notice to you and will not be liable to you if the Website is not available for any reason.
- The content contained on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- Whilst we will reasonably endeavour to maintain the accuracy of content on the Website it may be out of date at any given time and we are under no obligation to update it.
- Any agreement reached between a Consumer and a Customer is a contract between the two parties and Bike Geeks Limited is not a party to it.
Links to third party websites and linking to the Website
- The Website/Services may contain links to third party websites/services that are not controlled by Bike Geeks Limited. You acknowledge that we have no control of such websites and take no responsibility for the content, availability or accuracy of such websites. Any link contained on the website is not an endorsement by Bike Geeks Limited.
- We will allow linking to the Website as long as it is legal and fair and does not damage or take advantage of our reputation. You will not establish a link to suggest endorsement by Bike Geeks Limited has been made where none exists. We can deny permission to link to our website at any time without notice.
- We cannot guarantee that the Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- The loss or damage caused by a virus, or any other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, data, computer programs or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any content on the Website, or linked to the Website, is not the liability of Bike Geeks Limited where we have taken reasonable security steps to prevent this.
- Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation with regard to your personal information.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- 'Data Protection Laws' means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
- GDPR' means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
- 'Data Controller', 'Personal Data' and 'Processing' shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Website/Services to you.
- Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Services and Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the course of providing the Services and Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
- before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected;
- we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
- we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
- we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
- For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can e-mail: email@example.com
- The Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website and the Services) are protected by copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights and laws. You agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use unless otherwise agreed in writing with Bike Geeks Limited.
- None of the website content may be downloaded, copied, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of Bike Geeks Limited. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial use only, or for use by website customers in promoting their business.
- Any content you upload to the Website is assigned to and is the property of Bike Geeks Limited for the duration it is displayed on the Website. You agree to us using the name you submit in relation to the content you upload.
- You agree to use the Website for lawful purposes only and not:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In a way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purposes of harming or attempting to harm any person, business or entity in anyway;
- To undermine the purpose and provision of Services;
- To act in competition with the Services;
- To violate the privacy of others;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of solicitation;
- To reverse engineer, decompile, dissemble, decipher or otherwise derive the code used on the Website;
- To use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Website; or
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy, sub-licence, broadcast, distribute, sell, re-brand or re-sell any part of the Website (without the express consent of Bike Geeks Limited).
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Bike Geeks Limited and its employees and agents harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against Bike Geeks Limited any third party arising out of your use of the Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by Bike Geeks Limited in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- Use of the Website/Services is at your own risk. The Website/Services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including (but not limited to) the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- To the extent permitted by law, Bike Geeks Limited will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website/Services.
- Whilst Bike Geeks Limited makes reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided is accurate, we make no warranty that the Website/Services will meet your requirements, that the Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Website/Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website/Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive.
- Bike Geeks Limited will not be liable for any loss suffered by you in relation to your use or inability to use the Website, any inaccuracies or delays on the Website or any reliance by you on content contained on the Website.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit the liability of Bike Geeks Limited for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Bike Geeks Limited or that of its employees or agents.
- These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
- The information compiled by Bike Geeks Limited is based on information supplied by many individuals and businesses, it does not represent the views of Bike Geeks Limited and we cannot be held responsible for any omissions or inaccurate claims that may appear.
- Users of the Website and/or service do hereby represent, understand and expressly agree that Bike Geeks Limited does not make any warranty or guarantee over the quality, timing, integrity, responsibility, legality or any other aspect whatsoever of the materials or services offered or delivered by its customers to their consumers.
- You hereby expressly agree not to hold Bike Geeks Limited liable for any instruction, advice or services delivered which originated through the website or associated Services and we expressly disclaim any liability whatsoever for any damage, suits, claims, and/or controversies that have arisen or may arise, whether known or unknown therefrom.
- Bike Geeks Limited reserve the right to determine compliance with the Terms and Conditions and failure to comply may result in temporary or permanent removal from Website access. We may commence legal proceedings against you for your actions and will disclose as required to by law any information necessary to law enforcement authorities.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Governing Law, jurisdiction and complaints
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid disputes, so any complaints should be dealt with as follows: if a dispute occurs, please contact us in writing using the details below to find a solution:
Bike Geeks Limited 3rd Floor Endeavour House Coopers End Road, Essex, CM24 lSJ
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone number: +44 (0) 1279 211640